Thursday, 24 May 2012

Slowing Down

Just a little note to express the slump I am in. This Pod Cast is really throwing me for a loop and I am in my procrastination stage. The whole word and though of a Pod Cast scares me. I have subscribed to three pod casts but making my own I am stressed about!!

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Kendra

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kendra! My advice would be to not put so much pressure on yourself! You did a great job on your introduction video for Tech Task 1 (and that combined audio and video, which is sometimes difficult to do!) You seem very personable and well-spoken and that will shine through on your podcast too! Are you struggling with trying to come up with a topic to talk about? I suggest speaking about something that you are really interested in or about something that you've always wanted to learn more about - your listeners will be able to tell if you care about what you're talking about or not. I don't think the podcast has to be very long or complex... the main goal is for us to experience the process of podcasting.

    A couple of other tricks that I learned in the good ol' radio biz are to pretend that you are talking to one of your close friends when you are recording your podcast and to smile while you speak... both of these techniques will help you sound more natural :)
    And, if you're using a program like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) to record your podcast, you can edit and re-record the parts that you aren't fully happy with. Yay for technology!

    Here's a a link to an article that might also help you get started (number six and seven don't really apply to us... yet!) http://mashable.com/2011/03/25/podcasting-tips/

    Good luck! I am really looking forward to listening to your podcast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I was feeling the exact same way and found the whole experience to be quiet exciting; especially the final product!

    Thank you Denine for your expertise! I kept your tips in mind when I was doing mine! Would love to know what you ladies think of my final project :)

    ReplyDelete